I can’t write today. I can’t think today. I’m too disgusted. I have to go get a concealed weapon permit and protect my neighborhood. Beware hoodies threatening me with Skittles!

See you next week.

fz

10 Responses to In Memoriam – Trayvon Martin

1. Maxwell says:

Once again, the Justice system triumphs over Injustice!
    Observe and report, not arm yourself, observe and confront! Zimmerman is at least guilty of manslaughter. Listened to one of the juror’s this morning…she is an idiot. In response to your friend Mark’s observation about the public standing up to the NRA, they have tried to stand up. It is the legislator’s who knuckle under. They have the power to do something about it and don’t.

2. Frank Z says:

Thanks everyone for the comments. I appreciate your engagement. See ya next week…virtually.
    fz

3. John says:

Hey Frank
    The first sentences I wrote in response to your post were highly caustic, ( I kinda embarrassed myself ) but luckily I read them over, then deleted them and changed my tempo to being only somewhat softly sarcastic, cleverly covered everything here and there with humor about pellets guns and Red Ryder BB guns, which I thought you might like. I worked in concealed carry permits, neighborhood watch, and required marksmanship practice to avoid shooting oneself in the eye with a pellet. I was on a roll.

Then I was reminded that you and I had decided long ago that it was all right for friends to disagree. (Actually Annette said as much when she was attempting to destroy me at the bridge table) So I deleted all that stuff too, and since I was at it, I decided there would be no point in delving into what I perceived as the admitted errors the media made in reporting the story, the Stand Your Ground Florida law, or even the forensic evidence. Shrugs . . . .

So . . . I disagree
    I do like the rum idea however . . .

4. Frank today’s Writings says it all. We are all heartsick
    About this. It seemed so clear what
    Happened and the high end defense paid for by
    The gun lobby made the victim the perpetrator.
    Something is seriously wrong with this
    Picture. The legal system needs close
    Examination.

Norma and Chuck

5. I think it was a simple case of self defense… no racial anything. Just plain and simple a fight ending badly. Happens every single day across the country without a word said in the media.

6. Karen says:

Thanks for the memoriam for Trayvon Martin. Sad that such a young life was taken for no real reason other than being at a place where another individual with malice in his heart had a gun and decided to use it. I believe in Karma and know that “what goes around, comes around”. And, perhaps this Zimmerman will eventually have a hard time living with knowing he has taken a life – which he made the decision to do when he walked out his door with a gun.

7. Stephanie says:

I’m so with you FZ. Pure disgust.

8. Mark says:

Frank.

When I rule the world there will be no place for neighborhood watch captains to own or carry concealed weapons.

I can’t clearly discern and quantify how much race played a part in this tragic turn of events, but the overarching problem of having so many hand guns in the general populous is so obvious that an earthworm could see it.

I wonder when the public will stand up to the gun lobby and put a stop to the gun death epidemic?

Oh and when I rule the world, rum will be $0.50 a glass!